July 16, 2019|
This is one of our favourite ways to cook our frozen dumplings. It leaves the skin of the dumplings almost stretchy and firmer meaning no breakage when picking them up with chopsticks.
- A bamboo steamer
- Wok or pot
- Baking or parchment paper
- 1 kg bag of dumplings
- Place 2 cups of water into your Wok or pot and bring to a boil (note: you may need more or less water depending on your Wok or pan size.) The water should not touch your steamer when placing it atop the pot or Wok.
- Place baking paper at the bottom of the steamer and gently prod in small air vents with a knife or fork to ensure the dumplings get circulated steam.
- Place the frozen dumplings atop the baking paper and put the steamer lid on before placing it over the boiling water.
- Steam until cooked through, usually around 10 minutes.
- Remove the steamer from the pot or Wok and open the steamer (note: be sure to use a tea towel or oven mitts when doing this). Place dumplings on a serving platter of choice and enjoy!
Posted in: Recipe