September 18, 2019|
- 140g of Plain Flour
- 80g of Boiling Water (cooled for 2 minutes)
- Place the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the warm water, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Once the mixture starts to come together, use your hands to knead until a dough begins to form into the shape of a clean ball.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for 3-4 minutes or until the dough is firm. (Ensure it bounces back when you poke it with your finger)
- Place the dough in a sealable bag and seal. Let the dough rest and steam in the bag for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Stretch the dough into a bagel-type shape, then cut in half to form 2 equal-sized logs.
- Take one log and roll it to approx. 2cm in diameter, and cut into even pieces (each log should make about 10 pieces). In the palm of your hand roll each piece into even sized balls.
- Take one of the balls and use a small rolling pin (or any other alternative) to roll the balls into a flat circle. Continue by rolling the edges of the circle thinner than the centre. You should finish up with a wrapper about the size of your palm.
- Place the wrapper onto a floured surface and continue the same process with the remaining dough. Be sure to flour your surface between the stacked wrappers and ensure you don’t pile them up to high, or else they might stick together.
- Use the wrappers straight away, or alternatively keep frozen in sealable bags.